C.L. Milton History
Milton Elementary is located at 2500 Ash and was officially opened in
September 1960. The school was named after Board of Trustee member,
Clarence L. Milton who served diligently on the school board during the
early 1940's. The school opened with a staff of a principal, an
assistant principal, 16 teachers, 15 classrooms, and an enrollment
figure of about 500 students. Over the following 40 years, C.L. Milton
continued providing a learning opportunity to Laredo community families.
In August 2003, a beautiful new school was constructed to help serve
over 900 students.